Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Film List 2013

It's been a busy year. I only saw 517 movies this year, the least I've ever seen since I began keeping records. Other work has sadly taken over my life. BUT this year was also the most new films I've ever seen in a year (301) and the most I've ever been to the cinema in a year (219, probably in no small part due to the need to see Gravity on the big screen in 3D as many times as possible). So for everyone that joined me or followed along on the blog, a big thanks. As usual there were so many films I have not managed to find the time to squeeze in and a handful that didn't bother me that I missed (...Grown Ups 2, Scary Movie 5) but here's a very vaguely ordered list of the new release films I saw this year. 

Super Duper Awesome Must See Movies:

Movies I really loved:

Movies that were great:

Movies that were pretty good:

Movies that were alright I suppose:

Movies that were mostly okay but didn't really do much for me:

Movies that were lacking a certain something:

Movies I just didn't care for:

Movies that actively made me hurt:

I must say, the terribly movies this year aren't nearly as bad as terrible movies from previous years. Likewise some of my favourite movies this year would not be equal to favourites from previous years. But some really great discoveries this year.

Last year it appears I was correct in my assumption that Gravity would make it to the top of my list. There's no film I'm aware of that really stands out for next year so I'll be excited to see how things shake out.

So let me know what you think, where I'm completely wrong, what films I should see that I've missed out on, what your favourites are etc. And hopefully I'll see you all at the movies next year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment