Sunday, March 10, 2013

Great Expectations


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Belinda, Naomi

Another day, another classic re-adapted to the big screen. This time Mike Newell tries his hand and he brings half the cast of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire with him for good measure. Again, he shows that he excels at the whole young love bit, easily the most engaging section of the film for me. But the film speeds past that so quickly just to get to the older Pip who isn't nearly as engaging. He's a look though, I'll give him that.

Helena Bonham Carter's Miss Havisham is nice a kooky. She burns real good too. 

The film has some cool moments and a lot of in between. I grew up with Alfonso CuarĂ³n's modern take which probably isn't to everyone's liking so I'm sure they'll be happy with this more traditional setting. It is pretty good I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment