Tuesday, January 22, 2013

John Dies at the End


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Tyler, Paul, Naomi, Amberly

I wanted to watch this for my birthday after having waited for so long. Don Coscarelli's latest, a strange and trippy sci-fi horror comedy based on an apparently even stranger book, with a misleading spoiler alert title. So, my kind of film.

Odd doesn't even begin to cover it. It's a little problematic but in all honesty there was far more I liked about it than I didn't. Some delightful concepts. most of which feel haphazardly thrown in and unexplained or truncated. It leaves the viewing in the dark for the majority and doesn't really bother wrapping everything up, it's just strange thing after strange thing.

However it's pretty entertaining. And I did like the leads. Worth a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment