Thursday, July 3, 2014

Jersey Boys


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes

Well I didn't know a thing about Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, nor had I seen the live show but I seemed to know all their songs. So this film was enlightening in that regard.

I dunno, I keep saying it and maybe I'm just being prejudiced against the man now but there's something about Clint Eastwood's recent films that just feel flat and hollow to me. It's a fine production, good tech specs (except maybe a little heavy on the colour grading) and I like the people in it but I just never care about anything that's happening in the story or to the characters. I'm not a huge fan of the songs, except for Can't Take My Eyes Off You. The ending is a really bizarre choice. So is having 3 characters narrate the film breaking the 4th wall. Might work on stage but it's a really dangerous thing in film.

And it wouldn't be a Clint Eastwood film without some questionable old age makeup.

If you're a fan I'm sure you'll enjoy the songs...

No comments:

Post a Comment