Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Afflicted


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Tyler, Jordan

A found footage horror film. Another one. But this one had a few pleasant surprises up its sleeve thankfully. A travelogue that slowly turns into what I presumed would pretty silly fun but character work at the start was enough to get me invested in the main relationship and it was quite affecting when the change slowly comes about.

It has the usual jump scares and I thought I had pretty much figured where it was going however it managed to surprise me and get to the usual unsatisfying end point of the found footage film after the first two thirds of the running time. And then the final act is what makes it stand apart from other films of the kind. It's not a big grandiose ending and it still does have the annoying problem so many found footage films have, of just petering out a bit. But it is certainly different and I enjoyed it muchly. Worth seeking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment