Saturday, September 29, 2012

Livid


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Myself

Thought I could throw this on late night and watch an entertaining and intense french horror film. I think I was hoping for more something more along the lines of Alexandre Bustillo and Julien Maury's first film Inside. I love that film dearly. This one had much higher ambitions though. And I have to admit I was starting to nod off a little as the film itself became more and more dream-like. A trippy experience to say the least.

As a consequence I can't tell for sure that I fully grasped all the thematic relevance of what was going on in that last segment, or perhaps the film just lost the plot, but I think the former is more likely. Absolutely fascinating though. Did not see it coming.

And the whole set up was great, got me really excited. The crank up the creep factor well and you're never really sure exactly where the film is heading, which keeps you on your toes.

Beautifully shot, really gorgeous. Brilliant make-up effects. Some great gags and a different take on a tried and true horror classic.

I need to watch this one again to clarify a few things. Hopefully that will happen soon. But glad to see French horror is still going strong, they make great stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment