Monday, August 27, 2012

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Myself

A shame this one is being completely dumped here in Australia. I had to go out of my way to find out it was actually playing here, just once a day and has only been released for a week. Especially because I really loved it. A very different kind of apocalyptic movie more of a romantic comedy version however the comedy is pretty much dealt with upfront and the film doesn't shy away from the ending it sets up.

It makes for a very tonally odd film, I wouldn't call it a depressing comedy because it's also really sweet. Whatever feelings it brought out in my I enjoyed though.

It has an amazing supporting cast too that is only hinted at in the trailer. Steve Carell and Keira Knightley are great as the leads. Lorene Scafaria, who also wrote the delightful Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist, has crafted a pretty unique film (No I haven't seen Last Night, but do plan to) and it's a real shame the distributor is trying to brush it under a the rug. So keep an eye out for it when it hits dvd.

No comments:

Post a Comment