Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Ice Age: Continental Drift


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Myself

I think it's mandatory now for every animation house to do something with pirates. This seems to be the exact same story as the last films except the baddie macguffin is pirates this time. There's a horrible teen movie sub plot going on on the side too. And once again the cartoonish exploits of Scrat are the more interesting parts.

Seriously though, every single main character goes through the exact same arc and most of them pretty unconvincingly.

Peter Dinklage and Wanda Sykes are FINALLY in a film together. Uhhh...

Terrible terrible auto-tuned music number in the middle and at the end. It seems they cast a whole bunch of unknown to me R&B stars to play all the one liner characters so they can work in a pop tune at the end. The Dink gets to sing too though, so it can't all be bad. 

Now I missed out on seeing this in 3D, I left it too late, which is a shame because it's one of the few reasons I think it would be worth seeing at all. Actually there was a Simpsons short animation starring Maggie Simpson that looked like it was made for 3D as well, I'm sorry I missed that. 

Even more hilarious was the Madagascar 3 trailer followed by Ang Lee's Life of Pi trailer and all the kids that couldn't tell the difference between the two. 

Well I can't imagine how many more films this series has left in it before they gotta start making someone extinct. But judging by the cast list there's plenty of talented people willing to say a few lines in a booth for money no matter what the content. Not nearly as reprehensible as some kids films I've seen this year but also entirely forgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment