Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Road


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

Doing some visual research for a job and thought I give this a spin. This is probably my favourite film for getting a great looking post-apocalyptic world. The place is just dead and grey, covered in ash and cloud. Not a pleasant place, not a pleasant film. Great visuals though. Even betting on bluray projected on the big screen.

Slightly episodic in nature, the film has a variety of moments, the majority being pretty gloomy and depressing. Sometimes I wish they'd go a little darker but I like that they never resort to any big action set pieces, instead choosing to always focus on character.

I haven't read the book but for the film at least, I keep alternating on how I feel about the way they end it. Tonight, I liked it though.

Nice to watch again, loving the production design.

No comments:

Post a Comment