Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Fog


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

I just got the bluray and thought it should have a spin. I saw this a very long time ago and at the time remember being more scared by this than Carpenter's Halloween.

Watching it again I see how incredibly simple the set up is. This is much more creepy but probably far less visceral than Halloween. It does have a fantastic cast of characters though.

I love the opening, the old man telling ghost stories to kids. It's very effective. I honestly didn't find the rest of the film as scary as I remember. It was also much more straight forward and shorter than I thought, like it's missing a second act or a real climax.

But there are some great sequences and I do love the feeling it evokes. Even though it was slightly less than I remember from my childhood memories I still enjoyed catching up with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment