Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Communion


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

Oh man I love alien abduction stories. Always found those greys creepy. I had seen the for years on the video library shelf but always passed it by, I think the "true story" on the cover always turned me off, had me thinking it was just a documentary or something. But I finally got around to seeing it, I can't believe it took me so long. Especially once I found out it starred Christopher Walken at his most crazy.

This film has some pretty far out there stuff. Is this really the film where aliens anal probing people comes from? You always see that being made fun of but never see it done seriously, I can only presume this is where it all started. Well seeing Walken probed in the butt by an alien puppet is uhh, yeah, interesting.

The whole creepiness of the start was my favourite parts. And some of the hypnosis scenes. Lindsay Crouse had one and although it was so over the top it was actually kinda effective like that too. Once they showed the horrible alien puppets it kinda lost any credibility but they they just hang a lampshade on it, they make it obvious that they are meant to be puppets and not real and it kinda works again, but still you have to watch puppets menace a tripped out Walken. Tripped out Walken is hilarious.

So glad I finally saw this, someone should have forced this on me long ago. I'm gonna need to check out Fire in the Sky now too.

No comments:

Post a Comment