Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I Melt with You


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Myself

This one is a tricky. And overly long. It feels like 2 films. Neither of which entirely work for me. The first half alternates between 4 guys getting wasted and then having tearful d&m's, the second half turns to a darker mystery about a promise from their past.

I'll give it this, it has style. 5D cinematography looks great, very arty stuff, the editing is pretty snappy. The film is basically wall to wall soundtrack for nostalgic rock and roll songs I've never heard of. Basically I feel it just has too much of all these elements though. This film shouldn't be as long as it is.

Perhaps it only felt so long because I couldn't connect with any of the characters so by the time something finally starts to happen half way through the film I had pretty much given up being able to care. I really like all these actors but I guess I can't relate to that mid-life crisis stuff at this stage in my life.

Didn't hold together for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment