Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Journey to the Center of the Earth


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Side Show Painting Crew

Again, this was more playing in the background as we painted. I've always loved this film. Watching it last night with people who had never heard of it was a bit of an eye opener though, I guess the old school hokeyness never got to me, I grew up with this one, know it by heart. But yes this is very 50's acting. Brilliant!

I think this is one of Bernard Herrmann's lesser scores. Some strange stuff it it. But I do love them matte paintings and the whole old time adventure feel. And I love the way they do the dinosaurs. And Pat Boone can serenade me any day. Still it would probably be better if he or any of the other cast don't try Scottish accents.

No comments:

Post a Comment