Saturday, July 30, 2011

Hot Fuzz


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Steve

I guess Edgar Wright can do no wrong in my book. I do love this one. Listened to the commentary with him and Simon Pegg today. This film is cameo heavy, it's a little ridiculous but pretty amazing too, he cast they came up with.

This audio track was filled with great tidbits, Wright is a fountain of film knowledge. I didn't know Repulsion was the first film that revealed a killed in a bathroom cabinet mirror and I didn't know they made Jackie Chan high kick shots by putting shoes on their hands. Neat.

Man I love Timothy Dalton, he's great and the scene at the end with the model town, I love that. I also love the town's production of Romeo and Juliet. Also without the commentary I think I never would have spotted Peter Jackson's cameo.

It's been a while since I've watched this one. I like Shaun of the Dead a little better but there's no denying this film is hilarious and so much fun to watch. Great stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment