Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Shadow


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Dominic

I'm writing this watching a new episode of 30 Rock. Alec Baldwin is just so great. And so is this film which I haven't seen in a while. I do love those early 90's comic book movies before they became so over saturated. The Phantom, the Rocketeer and The Shadow are all great period comic style adventure films an dI seemed to have blurred some details or them together in my head so now I've sorted some of them out.

For example, I thought Tim Curry was in The Phantom. But then I may have been getting jungle scenes mixed up with Congo. Anyway he's great as usual. Ian McKellen is totally in this too which I forgot, so that was a nice surprise.

Anyway enough about my feeble memory, this film is a lot of fun. The first thing that came back was the awesome score by Jerry Goldsmith. I somehow remember all of that. It's really damn good. The next thing that came back was that evil little dagger.

Alec Baldwin is very happy. He is always laughing. but everyone is so scared of his laugh. Disembodied laugh is kinda menacing I guess. Anyway now I'm just rambling. I really love this film. Great family action adventure, some very funny bits, cool 90's fx damn great score and some period fun. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment