Monday, April 25, 2011

Dancer in the Dark


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Jordan, Amberly, Tyler, Josh

Lars von Trier does a Dogma '95 musical, which is contradictory by classification, but here it is. Starring Björk who does a hell of a performance and provides the music.

I find this fascinating and gut wrenching and I really like the music but this is soooo not to everyones tastes. Especially if you don't like Björk or have never heard of her and don't know what to expect (as I found out showing this to friends)It has been a while since I've seen it and it was actually even better than I remember.

My problem with it is it really drags in places in the latter half but I think it's a necessary evil otherwise the build up to the climax wouldn't work as well.

This is just a tragic tail, but I think one of Lars von Trier's better films thanks to a great cast. It's a little long but a worthwhile effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment