Sunday, February 27, 2011

Frozen


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Jordan, Amberly

I really like this film. I think the trailer gives away too much though.

A neat little low budget survival film that gets pretty gritty. It also knows how to set up characters that are easy to emotionally invest in. I've seen this a few times now and think I probably like this the most out of Adam Green's filmography.

In a film with just 3 characters for the majority I was surprised and a little shocked at how quickly and willing they were to loose them. While they spend most of the time sitting in a chair lift it's a sure sign of a good script and great direction that it is never boring or uninvolving.

If you haven't seen the trailer I wouldn't recommend watching it now, but If you have just know that I think the film is a lot better than the kind of film it looks like it should be. This is due to the great acing, the time it takes to set up the characters, gret direction and a few sequences that will make you squirm.

No comments:

Post a Comment